Little process-based workers to do your bidding.
Deliberately minimalist, you provide the number of workers to use & a list of commands (to be executed at the shell) & littleworkers will eat through the list as fast as it can.
- Python 2.6+ (may work with Python 2.5)
littleworkers is tested & works on Mac OS X/Linux/BSD. It may work on
Windows (!) but is untested. Feedback welcome.
You can install from PyPI using
easy_install if you prefer
broken, unmaintained software):
pip install littleworkers
The only dependencies are in Python’s stdlib & the code is pure Python, so there’s nothing to compile.
littleworkers is maintained with a passing test suite at all times. You
should use nose_ or similar tools to run the tests like:
Output is currently pretty verbose, which will be fixed in the future.
Contributions are welcome & should be submitted as pull requests on GitHub_. The pull request must have:
- Only the code needed to add the feature or fix the bug (not several in one)
- Added tests to cover the change
- Internal docs in the form of docstrings
- If it changes the public API, it should include docs
- Must be BSD-licensed code